22 May 2012

nudge of encouragement

To all who read this, have you ever gotten a random card or letter of encouragement?

 If you have, then you know the unexplainable joy that comes from receiving an unexpected word of encouragement. If you haven't I am sorry, but maybe you'll get one soon. Whether you have or haven't received one, imagine being the person on the other end of the letter. All giddy and excited about writing and sending a letter hoping it brings the person a smile...never knowing that the letter could have been the only encouraging and positive moment of their day.

Therefore, I urge you to write a person a card or letter of encouragement. It doesn't have to be a mile long but simple and thoughtful usually works best. Write one to someone you've known for years or someone you barely know...the results are still the same. Furthermore, I encourage you to write a card to a student working a camp this summer or a youth attending a camp. I have been on both sides of the spectrum. I can tell you that I always expect a card from my momma :) but to receive one from other than your parent is a thrill I cannot explain. I hope you can bring joy to a fellow friend, neighbor, or youth with a simple card of encouragement...it truly goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment