18 May 2012

Book Worm

Two posts in one day! Crazy, I know. Something you might not realize is how much I love to read...or the thought of reading. A dream of mine is to have a beautiful library with the sliding ladder. Hehehe
Back during Christmas break, I had so many books I wanted to read. I did read the three books of the Hunger Games series, which were good. But my mom had given a book to read back in September but I could never muster up the nerve to pick it up and read it. Occasionally, this spring I deviated from my studies and read a few books. Both of which left me crying over a stupid romance novel.

However, since school has ended I have finally resumed my leisurely pleasure of reading. I finally forced myself to read the book my mom gave me back in September The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boon. Man was I hooked on it, I read the book all weekend of Cinco de Mayo. Her courage and trust in His protection and provision is a lesson we can all certainly learn from. By the last chapter, I was weeping. By the last chapter, I was sobbing for the author's rough life...but in every death, trial, and tribulation she gave glory to the Father and praised Him. Needless to say, it is a must read!!!!

Then my roomie got several books for her birthday, two of which I had read and suggested to her. The new one was The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck. Different book but still a great read. I picked it up and was determined to finish it before I left Clinton. And I did finish it in the nick of time. A few quotes from the book left me speechless. "If you got good news, you best tell it. Don't make no sense to be quiet." And then in reference to the Gospel it "Always fits. It doesn't need no changing. The good news is always good. It never wears out and by gum, it's always in style. Don't we need Him now more than ever." Good stuff!

And this past week, I picked my those two books my roomie got on my mom's nook to reread. They are that good! Her Mother's Hope and Her Daughter's Dream both by Francine Rivers. I reread the former and didn't want to read straight into the latter so I picked up the book an aunt suggested to me, The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright. I picked it up last night around 6pm and except for an hour watching Grey's and another hour writing thank you's and scholarships, I didn't put it down until I finished it this morning at 2am. No shame! It was good stuff too!! The night of their wedding the husband promised to write his wife each Wednesday as long as he lived. One of sweetest things I think a hubby could do. The book is full of forgiveness and compassion. Can't wait to read the next in line: The Wedding Letters.

All of these are great reads!! I suggest for you to read them young or old, man or woman. The L0rd will reveal Himself in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment