23 May 2012

Love: Perfect Timing

Ha, the title alone makes me laugh because I am not one experienced with love, not "in love," "falling in love," or "'hopelessly-can't-eat-can't-breathe-can't-reach-for-the-stars love.'" And yes, I just quoted a Mary Kate and Ashley Oslen movie--don't judge. :) Though I was in a serious relationship for a good while, I didn't have love nor the man of my dreams.

Will this a slightly depressing post? Not sure for you, but for me I find hope in what I'm about to write.

Back in January I was on my way to school to begin the Spring semester and began to think about all the girls I knew or that go to MC and I stalked that got engaged over Christmas and New Year's. Oh boy, was it a lot!! I lost count. And so many of them were sophomores and a few juniors. That in itself was depressing. I, who just exited a long relationship, had to endure through their public, joyous moments on social networks with stories of great love with the man of their dreams. I enjoyed looking at their photos and such but deep down I was bitter. I began to think that time is running out and then worry set over me. Man, that ride over to Jackson began depressing. Then I realized that the 'time' I just referenced was my time not my Father's timing.

While I would love to be swept off my feet and met a man that desires to go to the ends of the Earth to share Hope any day now, that is my selfish timing. On I-20 Jere. 29:11 was my comfort. The Father's plans are PERFECT!! His timing is PERFECT!! If I were to rush love and marriage and do it all at my time and not let G0d have control over it all, then it is automatically imperfect and bound to fail. And why would anyone want imperfect over perfect and failure over success??? I sure enough do not. Thus, my depressing drive became hopeful through the realization that His timing is best, His plans are perfect, and He is sovereign over them all!

So don't come to me for love advice because I have no expertise other than what I have read in the Word, fictional books, and seen with my own two eyes. However, if you want to ask me about becoming a cat-lady, let me know. Kidding! :) But for real, I don't know much about love but I do know that I am not going to thwart the plans my Father has for me because He wants me to prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment