28 May 2012

They say it is the small things in life that are the best

*Somehow it was moved from back in September to May*

"Enjoy the little things in life..for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."-Robert Brault

I can testify to the truth in that statement...and that my Momma is the best at the small things! This past weekend as I came home for Labor Day (my first time coming home from college since I have lived at home for the past two years), it was three small things that made my weekend wonderful.

1) I walked in earlier than my momma's expectations and she had a small surprise for me: chocolate chip muffins! They are one of my favorites, and I firmly believe they should be a food group!

2) Furthermore, since I did arrive a bit unexpected she didn't have the toilet paper on the roll in my bathroom but proceeded to do it instead of allowing me to do so. But she wanted to because she wanted to do this..

It was after a family vacation a few years ago that I wanted to learn how to fold down the toilet paper. After I learned she learned how to do it. So every time I come back home from a trip like this summer or a weekend away, she folds the toilet paper into the triangle.

3) And lastly, she knows of my insane interest and fondness towards really nice pens. The pens with ink that just flows effortlessly once it hits paper. I usually do not buy these pens because they are expensive and I suck it up and use the ones laying around. However, my momma had an extra pen like the one I described above and gave it to me :) Made my day!!!
ready to be used!!!

Sorry the pictures weren't awe-inspiring but the thoughts surrounding these small things are moments that bring 'awwwee' to mind. And sorry this post was a bit cheesy or awkward or a combo of both [sums of my life] but I just thought I let the cyber world know how thoughtful and awesomee my Momma is! Love you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment