08 May 2013

misery loves company

At church Easter Sunday, my pastor asked me what I was doing for the summer. I told him work. Work is nothing out of the ordinary for me. Well during the summer it is. This is my first summer that I'm not working a camp or traveling abroad. It is also my first summer in Mississippi since freshman year (bless it). I also told him that I do not know what will hold for me after summer. In paraphrase, he was commenting how it's my first time that I don't know my next step and how weird this must be for me....especially considering I graduate Saturday. Yikes!

Little does he know how weird it is. I always figured by now I would be engaged or nearing engagement (thank you society for setting that dumb stereotype) or at least say with confidence what my post-graduation plans were. Yet, that's not my case. Here's my case: Come May 13th I'm living with 3 other great gals until July and working my pincushion off to pay the unfortunately acquired student loans looking for how the Lord wants me serve my community. One day at a time prayerfully looking for my next step. Feel free to join me in the prayer of this psalm of guidance and wisdom.

Make Your ways known to me, Lord;
teach me Your paths.
Guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for You are the God of my salvation;
I wait for You all day long.
-psalm 25.4-5 

Along with me on this journey of uncertainty has been some wonderful friends: friends who are my traveling companions on this trek, others who have been in this situation, others who are providing me with words of encouragement and offering prayers for me. Needless to say, these handful of friends have made this blurry journey not so miserable and lonely. Thus, for me, the saying "misery loves company" is true. It has been this company to keep me focused and steadfast in the Lord's sovereignty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment