10 June 2012

one week later

So this past week I ventured into language school and soon realized that it's not as easy as one would hope. It was challenging and frustrating but rewarding as well. I now know several phrases and verbs to form sentences along with numbers and various food items. Each day after language school, Amy (my roommate for the summer who has finished up one of two years here) would take me to various destinations in the city like the fortress, town centre, and local beach hangout.

This weekend Amy and I along with one of the families in Belgrade traveled south to meet up with the two other families. I had never met them before but thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and their families. It was great weekend filled with laughs, mosquitoes, great food, encouraging fellowship, and more laughs!!

Cannot wait to see more of this ever-growing, ever-searching land and peoples this week!

Jokingly, Amy has referred to herself as my assistant since I am the celebrity and fail to remember the day's agenda..well, she fulfilled such duties this week by documenting my first full week in the city. Feel free to check out this post about my first week ---> here    and the rest of her fabulous blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment