27 June 2012

Novi Sad and Kisac

After living in a foreign land for long periods of time, the stomach begins to miss the simplest things….like a good ole hamburger. A burger? Yes, a burger. And the access to a good ole hamburger can be reason enough to travel.  Thus, Amy, Danielle, and I traveled to Novi Sad to eat at Harvey’s where their hamburgers could seriously compete with America’s and at a fraction of the price.

It lived up to its hype for sure!
 They were much more excited than I since they have lived without such for a longer period. But I was up for the trip for numerous reasons: 1)I lived in Novi Sad last summer and the chance to show it around those  unfamiliar with its history and beauty was exciting 2) I was itching for an Index Sandwich---something I had nearly every day 3) I would be able to reconnect with Hannah, a likeminded friend from last summer.
It was actually my first time to go to the actual clock of the fortress.

Love me some Index sandwich....even at 4:30

Great time of fellowship with Hannah, Amanda, Amy, and Danielle!

Little did I know that the train ride back to Belgrade would be even more exciting! We got on the 1 hour late train that was on our platform….that began heading North instead of South…imagine my nervousness...and on a janky train.
Doors are not supposed to swing outward. First sign something was wrong.

We landed in a small village just outside of Novi Sad, Kisač. And that was an adventure itself for numerous reasons.
  •  Moths, beetles, mosquitoes, and other small flying insects are inevitable!  They landed in mouths, ears, eyes, and noses.  Still finding bug bites. You would hate it Kyle!
  • Common to hear children chanting/singing in the woods.
  • Even more common for men to be shirtless and drunk. 
  • Apparently between Danielle, myself, and Amy, I look most interested in the old, drunk, shirtless man.
  • You do not want to mess with Danielle in Kisač. 
The "friendly" fellow of the two. Isn't he a catch?
The older, hippie..hair to his butt. But he was going to fight off the other fellow.



 Overall, most definitely one for the books...even though we got back 3 hours later than planned.

1 comment: