26 June 2012

Budawin All the Way


The ability to travel to another country in Europe equivalent to the price of a full tank of gas is one thing I love about this continent and will dearly miss. And on top of that the transportation is a train. Therefore, when Amy and I embarked on our night train to Budapest, my excitement was a 14 on a scale of 1-10. I have always wanted to travel by train and visit Budapest after hearing how beautiful of a city it is. So you can imagine my excitement on a lovely 8 hour train ride!

Nothing like getting to an unfamiliar city at 6 am.
 The city lived up to everyone’s hype. But imagine sightseeing this city for 15 straight hours after an 8 hour train ride. That was rough but completely worth it! One great advantage of getting to a tourist town so early like 6am is the fact that no other tourists are up and at it. Thus, we were able to get fabulous photos minus all the white tube socks and fanny packs!! 

St. Matthias Church

Memorial to the Jews. They were forced to remove their shoes prior to being shot into the Danube.
House of Parliament
Tour of the secret hospital and then nuclear bunkers under Castle Hill.
We were pretty excited about the itchy wool capes we got to wear for the tour.

Furthermore, I was also able to cross off---Stay at hostel---on my bucketlist. Admittedly, I was nervous since I have never stayed in a hostel before and enjoy my privacy. But Tiger Tim’s was a great place to rest for the night and was much cleaner than some hotels I have stayed in. And for 12 euros a night, you can’t bet it! Well maybe the hostel for 5 euros a night, but we were not going to test that out.

After a restful night’s sleep and lunch at the same restaurant we had lunch and dinner the day before, we hopped on the “day train” that took 9 hours and landed back at Belgrade. You call it a success. We call it a Budawin!

 She was too excited to have Arriba!

After traveling another 8 plus hours we made it back! #Budawin

No comments:

Post a Comment