02 June 2012

back to Srbija

Thank you everyone for thinking of me as I traveled back to Europe!! It was weird for sure traveling by myself but good! I met the sweetest elderly lady while waiting in Memphis. She was a great encouragement and blessing as I began traveling. Ms. Caroldean Jones will never know how truly blessed by her like-mindedness and sweet spirit. I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't scared of delays or misunderstandings with ticket agents. But it went much more smoothly than anticipated! I had no problems at all during my 24 hour travel period. However, I will tell you that if you fly transcontinental, go Swiss!! Boy, it was nice and enjoyable for the two flights I had with them.

But once I landed in Srbija, a girl from my flight asked me while in line for passport control if I was going to Novi Sad for youth lab. Thus we struck up a conversation since I was in Novi Sad last year. She then asked how to find a bus to get there. I didn't know but the people picking me up would so I told her they would tell her. Well instead of telling her, they decided to just take her to the bus station. At one point in the trip to the station, we all confused how we would normally not ride with strangers. hahaha They thought we had met on the plane. Nope! I had met her only 10 minutes before they did.

Anyways, it has been great to be back in the country I grew to love last go-around. Unlike Novi Sad, Belgrade is much larger (1.5 million larger) so everything is bigger and further apart. Buses or trams are now necessary instead of walking with the occasional bus. I miss being so close to the town centre and all that "small-town charm" as we say it, even though the town has 500,000 folks.

Nonetheless, tonight I attended a Study, which was all done in Serbian. Though I didn't understand but a word it was great to be in a room with Sisters and Brothers living like Acts and going through Acts! My Friend here is leading International church tomorrow, which will be in English but think of him throughout your day today and if you stay up until 2am :)

I hope all is well on your side of the world and that you'll find His joy and overwhelming presence in all things as you finish up the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment